Check here for some of the meetups, parties, events and other happenings organized by homeschooling teens! I help to supervise and secure space for THEIR plans and ideas. If your teen has an event idea, please reach out!
Some of the ideas and plans for 2021-22
- Welcome and Meetup Kickoff in Central Park
- Not Back to School Picnic (not my event, but organized by NYCHEA and open to all)
- Controversies Club
- College Preparedness 101 meetups with our homeschool alumni
- THEMAS journal (Technology, History, Engineering, Mathematics, Art and Science) – the editor is a senior this year and may want to take another try at doing it!
- Yearbook, if there is interest
- Annual Halloween Party
- Eastern State Penitentiary tour for some haunted history
- Holiday Party
- Open Mic
- Spring Party
- Travel to Costa Rica, Scotland, Ireland, Germany and possibly other places of interest (COVID situation pending)
- Broadway Show Group Buys, COVID situation pending
- Mock Trial at NYLS tbd
- Graduation 2022
Interested in Summer Prom 2021? A homeschooling mom is organizing one! Reach out if you are not on the email lists!